|John Ford’s The Quiet Man remains the quintessential
film about Ireland and its people.• Released in 1952 the film can truly be judged as ‘timeless’ as thousands still flock every year to the village of Cong in Co. Mayo where it was filmed.
• The film was used to launch the concept of budget video in the 1980s and recorded phenomenal sales.
• Universal’s release of the DVD in 2006 has recorded sales of close to 300,000.
• This release features the complete score of the film, penned by Victor Young.
• The music, performed by The Dublin Screen Orchestra conducted by Kenneth Alwyn was recorded in Ireland.
• Includes the traditional Irish Airs: The Isle Of Innisfree, The Wild Colonial Boy, Galway Bay and I’ll Take You Home Again Kathleen.
• This new mid-price reissue comes complete with a newly designed cover image.
THE QUIET MAN: Victor Young – SILCD1233