Silva Screen Records’ re:scored series introduces fresh, thoughtful and contemporary film score reworkings of established genres. On Epic Classical, the first release in this series, Snorre Tidemand re-arranges classical favourites in “epic” film score mode. The 10 classical compositions chosen for re:scoring are ingrained in popular culture and have appeared in many movies, from drama and animation to Sci-Fi and comedy. Always linked to an epic win or lose, strength or weakness, purgative or transformational moment in the story; the distinct phrases and harmonies have now become a shortcut for turmoil, end and new beginnings.
The album features award-winning singer Merethe Soltvedt. Her rich vocals can be heard on Interstellar, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, X-Men and Ready Player One. Merethe is also a performing and collaborative artist. Notably, Merethe sung with a full orchestra and choir at the Walt Disney Concert Hall as well as with Norwegian rock stars and international artists across Europe, in New York and LA.
Snorre Tidemand is a Norwegian composer (Bleeding Fingers/Extreme Music, Colossal Trailer Music and Orchestral Tools), who worked on London Music Works’ The Nativity (Cinematic Christmas Carols).
1. Mozart: Requiem – Dies Irae (re:scored) – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; Snorre Tidemand
2. Elgar: Enigma Variations – Nimrod (re:scored) – Edward Elgar; Snorre Tidemand
3. Verdi: Requiem – Dies Irae (re:scored) – Snorre Tidemand; Giuseppe Verdi
4. Handel: Sarabande (re:scored)** – Snorre Tidemand; George Frideric Handel
5. Holst: The Planets – Jupiter (re:scored)** – Gustav Holst; Snorre Tidemand
6. Vivaldi: The Four Seasons – Summer (re:scored)** – Snorre Tidemand; Antonio Vivaldi
7. Mozart: Requiem – Lacrimosa (re:scored)** – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; Snorre Tidemand
8. Dvorak: Slavonic Dances (re:scored) – Antonín Dvořák; Snorre Tidemand
9. Saint Saens: Symphony No. 3 – Finale (re:scored) – Camille Saint-Saëns; Snorre Tidemand
10. Handel: Coronation Anthem – Zadok the Priest (re:scored)** – Snorre Tidemand; George Frideric Handel
(** Featuring Merethe Soltvedt)